September 16 at 8:40 AM
1. IT IS AGAINST DIVINE LAW. God created only man and woman.
2. IT IS AGAINST NATURAL LAW. Science says, there are only two sexes/genders determined by chromosomes, gonads, sex hormones, internal and external genitalia.
3. IT IS AGAINST MORAL LAW. It promotes and propagates the gay lifestyle and homosexual acts which are a moral abomination. The Catechism of the Catholic Church calls them “an intrinsic disorder.”
4. IT IS AGAINST THE CONSTITUTION. It violates provisions that protect religious freedom, the welfare of the family, equal application of the law, among others.
5. IT IS UNNECESSARY. Truth is, Filipinos love gays. The Philippines is one of the gay friendliest countries in the world.
6. IT IS REDUNDANT. We already have sufficient laws to protect the rights of all individuals against any and all kinds of discrimination, harassment, abuse, bullying, shaming, slander, etc.
7. IT IS AGAINST FILIPINO CULTURE. Filipinos do not have a word for and much less understand the meaning of transgender, intersex, cisgender, polyamory, 2-spirit, and all these alien gender identities and expressions. Most critically, this bill assaults and will weaken two values that are most sacred to us - faith and family. Besides,
8. IT HARMS LGBTQI+ PEOPLE. It applauds transgenderism, which is gender dysphoria, a mental disorder. People with a mental disorder need treatment, not applause. Any disorder, if left untreated or without proper management, worsens. Also, it makes treading the path to change and renewal even more difficult for gays who desire to step out of homosexuality.
9. IT DISCRIMINATES AGAINST THE MAJORITY. It will allow the feeling, whim and caprice of the minority to lord it over the inalienable rights of the majority.
10. IT PAVES THE WAY FOR SAME-SEX MARRIAGE. We are a Christian nation. We believe that marriage is exclusively between a man and a woman.
11. IT WILL RECONFIGURE PHILIPPINE SOCIETY. Filipinos should fight for who and what we really are - our faith, values and morals will be desecrated, the welfare of our family especially our children will be destroyed, our cultural beliefs and traditions will be demeaned, our very soul as a nation will be sacrificed at the altar of gender ideology.
12. IT GOES AGAINST PLAIN COMMON SENSE. In other words, it is stupid!
And, of course, as I explained in the Senate hearing, the SOGIE Bill, if enacted into law, will engender and perpetuate a culture of lies, deceit, deception and duplicity into the life of our country and people.